Thursday, June 5, 2008

Restaurant #1- Steamer's Fish & Chips/Center House Deli

Just having arrived in Seattle, after checking into our hotel, we headed off to explore Seattle Center. We wanted to grab a quick bite to eat before going to the Experience Music Project and the Science Fiction Museum so we made the food court in the Center House our first stop. So many choices, and everything looked delicious!

My husband, Ty, and brother, Matt, decided to eat at Steamer's Fish and Chips. They had calamari and giant shrimp, respectively. For a food court-style restaurant we were surprised to see that Steamer's served beer and wine, and while we were tempted we decided to save the boozing for another time.

Let's just get this out in the open right now--I do not like seafood. Since seafood dishes are the main attraction of Pacific Northwest cuisine the guys reminded me the entire trip that, in their opinions, I was definitely missing out.

With seafood off the table and me not feeling the chicken and chips at Steamer's, I went around the corner to the Center House Deli. I was looking for something light that wasn't going to make me want to curl up for a nap so I chose the cranberry turkey wrap. It was turkey breast, cranberry sauce, lettuce, and tomato wrapped in a tortilla spread with cream cheese. It hit the spot and was exactly what I'd been looking for.

While we didn't go back to eat in the Center House during our time in Seattle we'll probably pop in again next time and try something new.

No comments: